Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My Felice has arrived

a month after I first placed an order, 3 weeks after I changed my order then paid for it. A month is probably the upper regions of how long an order might take as this was during a busy period for Arte Tokio.







Well the box is HUGE, I anticipated the box being large, but I figured it would more closely match the size of the doll. The pack of CD's has been included as a scale reference.

The box was a little dinged up, but that's fine.





The box is pretty well padded up, so you can be reassured that the doll is well packed and protected for shipping.


The contents of the box.




Doll body, wig, doll head, powder and brush, clothes, shoes information sheet.

The information sheet is in Japanese...




It is important to note here that this is a CUSTOM order, so it is not a default doll that you can get from Arte Tokio. The order is for Felice An but the body had been changed to ARTE 060 aka a6 aka ARTE 060 NB.

Speaking of the body.





the neck was bent to the side when I unwrapped it, seems likely this happened during shipping.


A better look at the head







The 'glastic' eyes are amazing, I chose Green Blue as the eye colour, and as a quirk of my order, I paid for an extra set of brown eyes. They are reflective and have a sense of depth similar to real eyes. They also have the illusion of being a wet surface. And yes, she has eye lashes attached!




The top of the head, where the wig would cover has curious, cut shapes. An artifact of the casting process I figure. I first noticed this in

http://rinkokonoe.blogspot.com

I thought it was a curiosity of perhaps a plastic skull coming to the surface, or about holes that you might insert eyes through. The head is made almost entirely of silicone that's just like the silicone of they body.


The neck head joint





The male part of the neck head joint needs to be attached to the neck with a tiny skew that is provided.




Once inserted, it holds on through friction.






Now the Wig



It comes packaged in a little hair net.





Can see a little brand name.






I found the wig a little hard to manage, not having experience with this sorta thing, I think I got used to it quickly enough.






The clothes are of a good workmanship, especially the panties. The skirt and camisole I later found out wrinkle quickly. I left her lying down, and several hours later found the clothes wrinkled, it may be necessary to iron them to keep a neat appearance.














The colour of the actual doll matches well with the images found on the website. She is a little larger than I anticipated. She is beautiful though and amazingly soft. Shall endeavor to create images that may better explain how soft later.

And there is a sense of her fairy origins.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. I ordered a doll body from lovley doll. They are pretty much the same kind of body. I plan on getting a final head though. I wish I discovered this blog sooner! It is very cool

    ReplyDelete