Friday, November 6, 2009

Nit picking











The casting seams along the body are actually apparent (click on the images for a closer look).




The breasts seems larger than the impression I got from the images online (that's not a complaint though :) ). They are a little oddly shaped though.



I suppose this may be something that you wouldn't see in real breasts as they sag, and have a different movement altogether. But sagging on a doll would be something that may be detrimental. I modified the image, the right side showing what I figure the boob shape should look more like.




The body paint is pretty good, but the shade in the inside corner of her right elbow is slightly darker than on her left.



The material is, I imagine difficult to work with, the bottom lid of her eyes are cut slightly irregularly.




The neck was kinked when I opened the box, which could have happened during shipping. Nonetheless the head is heavier than the joint supports well, and so when you move her, the neck can sag back, or wobble a little.



As a result the head deviates a little on the joint, breaking the illusion occasionally.




As expected, dirt sticks to silicone. There is a powder included with the doll that when applied reduces how much dirt sticks to her. I suspect it's talcum powder or talcum powder like.




The arms hold posses very well, but the legs are a bit too heavy for the hip joint, so tend to fall when outside a particular range.




Based on what I've learned about proportions her limbs are disproportionately long, but I can't say I actually mind this fact. The image on the right would be closer to 'usual' proportions, and it begins to resemble ARTE 055.

She does have a bit of a chemical smell, but I couldn't tell you what it is. It has faded a little over time though.

No comments:

Post a Comment